Text: 1 John 5:14 – This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
As children of God we have a promise from our Father that we can come to Him and present our requests to Him and He hears us.
The Apostle Paul reminds us in the above passage that we can have confidence approaching our Father with our needs and burdens. His desire is for us to have peace and joy and to prosper in the goodness of a relationship with Him. This does not mean we will not suffer or endure hardship, but it does mean that we can trust that when we ask Him in accordance with His will that He will do it.
How can we know the will of God? One way we can know His will is through His word. He gives us everything that is in the Will of God in the scriptures. If it is a promise in His word, then we know we can ask Him for it and He will do it.
What are some of the promises God gives us in His word?
1. He promises us His love. John 3:16
2. The promise of forgiveness. Matthew 18:12-14
3. The promise of rest in Him. Matthew 11:28-30
4. The promise of truth of His word. John 14:26
5. The promise of eternal life. Matthew 10:28-31
6. The promise of freedom in Him. John 8:31-32
7. The promise of inner peace. John 14:27-28
8. The promise of joy. John 15:9-11
9. The promise of an intimate relationship with Him. Matthew 6:6-8
10. The promise of Provision. Luke 12:22-28
11. The promise of His presence. John 14:16-19
12. The promise of reward. Matthew 10:42
This is only a few of the promises of God for us in His word. I encourage you to look these verses up and hide them in your heart. When you pray use these scriptures to remind the Father of His promises to you and that He has promised to hear and act on your behalf to bring this to pass.
You can be confident that if God said it, He will do it. God is not a God of confusion or lies. He presence brings peace and His word is truth. Truth that you can trust during difficult times.
May the God of peace guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.